What is an open space?
Open Spaces are self-organizing gatherings around a topic. People interested in the topic get together, share experiences, ask questions, and potentially organize future activities.
Examples of Open Spaces topics
- Python for IoT (e.g. Raspberry Pi, MicroPython)
- Data visualization
- Natural language processing and generation
- Framework specific Open Spaces (e.g. Django, Flask, TensorFlow, SciPy)
How do I organize an open space?
- Decide on a topic.
- Find an unused open space slot in the schedule.
- E-mail email@example.com with your open space topic and preferred schedule slot(s).
- Wait to be assigned a slot.
- Conference organizers will announce open spaces so conference attendees know about them, but it doesn't hurt to also spread the word yourself.
- Show up at open spaces room and talk about your topic with others who share your interest!